Drake University Bachelor’s of Arts in public relations & minor in graphic design. Graduated May 2016.
Coursework in: public relations writing, public relations campaign strategy, web page design, news writing, social media strategy, book-binding, typography, etc.
London College of Fashion Graduated April 2015
Coursework in: event planning, public relations writing, fashion and art history, art curation, etc.
Central College Abroad-London Graduated April 2015
Coursework in: British history, contemporary British theatre, etc.
Iowa House of Representatives Legislative Assistant to Representative Ras Smith (Jan. 2017-present)
- Schedule committee meetings, constituent visits, and legislative receptions
- Write weekly newsletter columns and daily social media posts to keep constituents informed of upcoming events, legislation, etc.
- Administrative and design tasks as assigned
Iowa Democratic Party Human Resources Assistant (June 2016-Dec. 2016)
- Assemble and maintain personnel files for Iowa Democratic Party employees to ensure organized records
- Assist with resolving and documenting HR incidents
- Design marketing collateral and internal documents as assigned
- Process check requests, organize wire transfers, and other administrative tasks as assigned
Iowa House of Representatives – Democratic Caucus Communications Intern (Jan. 2016-present)
- Manage Iowa House Democrats social media to drive traffic and inform constituents of Iowa House news
- Photograph representatives and constituents and catalog official images to be used in collateral material
- Assemble and distribute press releases for Iowa House representatives
Preferred Hotel Group Web Content Intern & Freelance Copywriter (May 2014-September 2015)
- Supported web content team and public relations department through HTML coding and upkeep for Preferred Pride brand blog
- Researched and created custom profiles for independent hotels worldwide
Drake University Office for Sexual Violence Response Publications and Social Media Intern (September 2014-May 2015)
- Created unique marketing collateral for OFSVR campaigns to promote awareness about sexual assault prevention, healthy relationships, bystander action, etc.
- Brainstormed and implemented social media campaigns to educate campus community about sexual assault response resources, current events put on by the OFSVR, domestic violence, etc.
Drake Magazine Contributing Writer (Fall 2012-present) & Webmaster (May-December 2014)
- Provided maintenance and upkeep for Drake Magazine’s website to complement print version
- Reviewed books and researched current trends (popular desserts, Millennial perceptions, etc.)
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Office
- Social Media
Cell Phone: +1 815 519 8023
Also, here’s a fancy PDF of my resume.